Friday, November 27, 2009

Cake Monkey


I found this treat at Cabbage Patch, a relatively healthy, organic, restaurant on south Beverly. They have them at the counter, and as they are wrapped in tin foil, it was a gamble to try, but so glad I did! Cake Monkeys come in several flavors, but I've only tried two: The Black and White, and the Peanut Butter Marshmallow (seen below). Both of these mini cakes were amazing, the Black and White was better, and not photographed...but it was like an Oreo cookie, but with soft chocolate cake and layered with fluffy whipped cream with crunchies inside! I'll have to go back and take a pic of it...

The Peanut Butter Marshmallow was really good too, just not as unique. It needed more chocolate! It reminded me of a box cake, or an Entenmann's, which trust me I love, but wasn't as special as the B&W. The peanut butter marshmallo center was really good, and the vanilla cake was great, but together it was a little dry. If the cake was chocolate it would have been perfect! I found the menu online, there are so many more flavors and other pastries to try!!

Check out the Cake Monkey's Website for flavors.

No comments:

Post a Comment