Tuesday, June 15, 2010

My Homemade Oreo Balls


Someone I work with sent these treats to my boss who couldn't stop raving about them. I was so intrigued by the sound of an Oreo Ball, that I had to find out the recipe and try to make them myself. I was very familiar with the Peanut Butter Ball (see Break Fast post) and wondered if these would be anything like them. They are in a whole class of their own... The insides are made of a full pack of Oreos blended into powder, mixed with an entire pack of cream cheese. It's incredible how gooey and cakey the inside is, even when put in the fridge. The cold doesn't effect the softness of the inside whatsoever, its unreal. The outside is a simple white or milk chocolate shell. They are so easy to make, no baking involved!

Half of them were regular Oreos and the other half were the peanut butter Oreos. I liked the regular Oreo best, but they are both SO good. One of the best things I've ever made, and will be making them from now on. Such a good idea for a party treat!

No comments:

Post a Comment