Monday, May 24, 2010

Vanilla Bake Shop


After months and months of hearing about Vanilla Bake Shop in Santa Monica, I finally went to try it out. They didn't have too many things to chose from, but everything they did have was really cute, and tasty.


The first things that caught my eye was the Icebox shots. They looked cuter than they tasted, but I was still impressed. Its a nice alternative from what you usually see in a bakery. The flavors were Southern Banana Pudding, Meyer Lemon Raspberry, Dirt Cake and Turtle Pie. These would be great for a party.


I wanted to try the cupcakes so I went with the minis - Vanilla Bean, Toasted Coconut, Bittersweet Dark Chocolate, Mocha Chocolate, Mint Chocolate and Old Fashioned. I liked the Vanilla bean best, which surprisingly had a chocolate cake. The icing reminded me of vanilla Jell-O pudding, I loved that.


Any place that has samples is amazing. They had brownie samples at the front, which was great because I probably would have overlooked them. I really love this brownie, super dark and rich, almost with a mocha flavor. This might be one of my favorites in LA!

No comments:

Post a Comment