Monday, May 3, 2010

Homemade Double Chocolate Cake


I've never made a homemade cake before, and for a first try, this one came out really well! Meg and I used Ina Garten's recipe which was pretty great.


The cake part itself was really gooey and dark, due to the cup of coffee that was added into the mix. Ina likes to use freshly brewed coffee to bring out the taste of the chocolate, and as much as I liked it I think next time I would only use a half cup. The coffee flavor almost overwhelmed the chocolate.


The frosting, however, was amazing! I never knew buttercream was so easy to make. I don't think I'll ever used store bought frosting again. It was SO light and fluffy but rich in taste, and we didn't even have and electric mixer to use. Overall this was a great success, and I'm excited to make another one soon!

1 comment:

  1. damn that looks great. I gotta take some tips from you. My baking skills haven't been too great lately. Too much dirt in the bread

    - dirtbread

    ReplyDelete