Sunday, February 14, 2010

Birthday Cakes!

All I wanted for my birthday was to try a bunch of the cakes I had seen around town, so that's just what we did...


The first was the famous Red Velvet Cupcake Cake from La Provence:


Not only was this the cutest cake, but it was actually amazing. Both the cake part and the icing were fantastic, and the center had a surprise filling of cream cheese frosting! It may have beaten Sprinkles for best red velvet. I think most people said this one was their favorite.


The second is the famous Berry Cake from Sweet Lady Jane:


I was happy to have one light and fluffy fruit styled cake to balance out the other two rich ones. It was great, nothing to rave over, but I would definitely eat it again. The whipped cream was great and the fruit design on the top was beautiful.

The third was the Seven Layer Chocolate Cake, also from Sweet Lady Jane:


This one was my favorite, obviously. Seven layers of yellow cake stuffed with seven layers of chocolate butter cream. The outside frosting was a thick ganache. I died.

While this last one is not a cake, it was by far the most unique treat! My cousin sent me this from NY and not only did it not break in the mail, but it stayed SO tasty. It was like a freshly made cone.. with chocolate on it. And of course, came with a great fortune inside!

No comments:

Post a Comment