Monday, October 12, 2009

Sprinkles Cupcakes


I think Sprinkles cupcakes are great - but they are totally overrated! I really don't understand the lines down the block...but what kind of dessert blog would this be without mentioning them. I feel like they are the LA version of NY's Magnolia cupcakes. I think Sprinkles is way better than Magnolia, but I still like Crumbs best of all.


I think it's safe to say that Red Velvet is their most popular flavor, so I had to get one to review. It really is a good one, very moist cake with very sweet cream cheese icing. It may be my favorite Red Velvet cupcake (although that's not saying much because it's not my flavor of choice).


Clearly I would need a chocolate flavor to wash down that Red Velvet, so I got the Double Dark Chocolate cupcake. Its really great. Just what you would imagine, rich and chocolatey. For chocolate lovers, this is a must.
I actually really love their plain vanilla flavor too! Its very basic but rich in taste. It almost reminds me of a muffin!

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do enjoy them, as well as Crumbs', but think there is generally too much icing.

    ReplyDelete