Tuesday, September 22, 2009

"New York" Cheesecake


After seeing my previous post about Urth Cafe's chocolate cake, my friend Michael told me that Urth also has great cheesecake. I'm pretty picky when it comes to cheesecake because sometimes it tastes fruity and like freezer burn. For example, diners cheesecake is usually gross. My favorite cheesecakes, from New York of course, are from Petak's on the Upper East Side, Carnegie Deli, on the West Side and Holy Moses in Westhampton. I will also admit that its hard to go wrong at The Cheesecake Factory... While cheescakes usually come in a variety of flavors, I really only like original, at most with strawberries. This one was very good. Really thick, a little on the hard side, I would have liked it to be a little creamier, but it had a really good flavor. I also liked that instead of a slice it was a mini cake, it was very cute. The glazed strawberry topped it off well!

No comments:

Post a Comment