Monday, December 27, 2010

Payard


Payard is one of the great French bakeries of New York City, and since they just opened a small cafe in the Plaza, I had to try something...This was a very decadent triple chocolate mousse. Despite the high price, it was one of the best things I've ever had. First of all, anything topped with a mini macaron has me sold, but the actual quality of all the chocolate layers were beyond amazing.


In the center of all the mousse was a thin caramel crisp, a mini cookie and an mini brownie. This brownie alone was incredible! It was all topped with a chocolate ganache. YUM.


One of the best things about the Holidays is gift baskets of food! My father received this as a gift, so clearly I needed to claim it as my own. I tried every flavor, which ranged from Cinnamon Ganache to Earl Grey to my favorite Praline... Can't go wrong with any of them!

No comments:

Post a Comment